Highlights

  • Prince Charles' charity got donation from bin Ladens: report
  • Osama Bin Laden's half-brothers made donations
  • Clarence House confirmed the donation

Latest news

Realme 16T 5G Review: Battery anxiety officially cancelled 

Realme 16T 5G Review: Battery anxiety officially cancelled 

Anand Rathi Picks MARKOLINES as its Stock Pick of the month for target of Rs 188

Anand Rathi Picks MARKOLINES as its Stock Pick of the month for target of Rs 188

US bond market volatility marks first stress test for new Fed Chair Kevin Warsh: Jefferies

US bond market volatility marks first stress test for new Fed Chair Kevin Warsh: Jefferies

BingX Unveils "Infinite Vision" on 8th Anniversary, Accelerating Multi-Asset Expansion

BingX Unveils "Infinite Vision" on 8th Anniversary, Accelerating Multi-Asset Expansion

Best Haier ACs to Upgrade Home Cooling in India in 2026

Best Haier ACs to Upgrade Home Cooling in India in 2026

Minister Piyush Goyal highlights high-level meetings undertaken to deepen trade and investment with various countries

Minister Piyush Goyal highlights high-level meetings undertaken to deepen trade and investment with various countries

Samsung Electronics' tentative wage deal draws backlash over chip-heavy bonus plan

Samsung Electronics' tentative wage deal draws backlash over chip-heavy bonus plan

"Hate Michael Jackson for dying": Ram Gopal Varma gets emotional after watching biopic

"Hate Michael Jackson for dying": Ram Gopal Varma gets emotional after watching biopic

Prince Charles' charity got donation from bin Ladens: report

The Sunday Times reported that the Prince of Wales's Charitable Fund received the money in 2013 from Bakr bin Laden, patriarch of the large and wealthy Saudi family, and his brother Shafiq.

Prince Charles' charity got donation from bin Ladens: report

Britain's Prince Charles is facing more questions over his charities after a newspaper reported that one of his funds accepted a 1 million pound (USD 1.2 million) donation from relatives of Osama bin Laden.

The Sunday Times reported that the Prince of Wales's Charitable Fund received the money in 2013 from Bakr bin Laden, patriarch of the large and wealthy Saudi family, and his brother Shafiq.

Both are half-brothers of the former al-Qaida leader, who was killed by US special forces in Pakistan in 2011.

The newspaper said advisers had urged the heir to the throne not to take the donation.

Charles' Clarence House office disputed that but confirmed the donation had been made. It said the decision to accept the money was taken by the charity's trustees, not the prince, and “thorough due diligence was undertaken in accepting this donation”.

Also Watch| BBC apologises to former royal nanny over false reports of affair with Prince Charles

The fund's chairman, Ian Cheshire, also said the donation was agreed “wholly” by the five trustees at the time, and “any attempt to suggest otherwise is misleading and inaccurate”.

The Prince of Wales's Charitable Fund was founded in 1979 to “transform lives and build sustainable communities”, and gives grants to a wide variety of projects in Britain and around the world.

Charles, 73, has faced a series of claims about the operation of his charities.

Last month the Sunday Times reported he had accepted bags of cash containing USD 3 million from Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani, the former prime minister of Qatar.

London police are currently investigating a separate allegation that people associated with another of the prince's charities, the Prince's Foundation, offered to help a Saudi billionaire secure honours and citizenship in return for donations.

Clarence House has said Charles had no knowledge of any such offer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Up Next

Prince Charles' charity got donation from bin Ladens: report

Prince Charles' charity got donation from bin Ladens: report

PM Modi calls for peaceful resolution of conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

PM Modi calls for peaceful resolution of conflicts in West Asia and Ukraine

Trump arrives in China for superpower summit with Xi Jinping

Trump arrives in China for superpower summit with Xi Jinping

Trump orders US military to 'shoot and kill' Iranian small boats choking Strait of Hormuz

Trump orders US military to 'shoot and kill' Iranian small boats choking Strait of Hormuz

India is a great country: Trump after controversial social media repost

India is a great country: Trump after controversial social media repost

Trump says Iran violated truce as doubt surrounds peace talks

Trump says Iran violated truce as doubt surrounds peace talks

ADVERTISEMENT

editorji-whatsApp

More videos

Iran says 'no decision' yet on joining new round of US peace talks

Iran says 'no decision' yet on joining new round of US peace talks

US to blockade Iran ports 'as long as it takes': Pentagon chief

US to blockade Iran ports 'as long as it takes': Pentagon chief

Israel vows to fight on as Iran warns ceasefire talks at risk

Israel vows to fight on as Iran warns ceasefire talks at risk

Trump says 'no enrichment' of uranium in Iran

Trump says 'no enrichment' of uranium in Iran

Pakistan to host US-Iran ceasefire talks on Friday

Pakistan to host US-Iran ceasefire talks on Friday

Iran hits Gulf states after agreeing 'fragile' truce with US

Iran hits Gulf states after agreeing 'fragile' truce with US

Trump warns 'whole civilization will die' in Iran if ultimatum expires

Trump warns 'whole civilization will die' in Iran if ultimatum expires

Trump threatens to destroy Iran oil island despite price surge

Trump threatens to destroy Iran oil island despite price surge

Rapper-turned-politician Balen Shah becomes Nepal’s youngest democratically elected PM

Rapper-turned-politician Balen Shah becomes Nepal’s youngest democratically elected PM

Iran warns civilians as Trump says talks 'going well'

Iran warns civilians as Trump says talks 'going well'

Editorji Technologies Pvt. Ltd. © 2022 All Rights Reserved.