Highlights

  • Patient smokes bidi in hospital, sparks fire
  • The incident took place in Jamnagar, Gujarat
  • The patient suffered burn injuries

Latest news

AIADMK releases AI-generated voice of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa ahead of LS polls

AIADMK releases AI-generated voice of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa ahead of LS polls

Jaahnavi Kandula case: India seeks review after charges against cop dropped

Jaahnavi Kandula case: India seeks review after charges against cop dropped

Haldwani violence 'mastermind' arrested from Delhi

Haldwani violence 'mastermind' arrested from Delhi

Less than a month to IPL, Rajasthan Sports Council seals Sawai Mansingh Stadium, RCA office

Less than a month to IPL, Rajasthan Sports Council seals Sawai Mansingh Stadium, RCA office

India's Sumit Nagal receives wildcard for Dubai Championship main draw

India's Sumit Nagal receives wildcard for Dubai Championship main draw

Watch: Sachin Tendulkar meets para-cricketer Amir Hussain in Kashmir

Watch: Sachin Tendulkar meets para-cricketer Amir Hussain in Kashmir

Alexei Navalny was killed by KGB's lethal 'one-punch kill' technique: activist

Alexei Navalny was killed by KGB's lethal 'one-punch kill' technique: activist

The role of environmental pollution on fertility: How pollution, plastic and smoking are harming you

The role of environmental pollution on fertility: How pollution, plastic and smoking are harming you

Patient smokes bidi in Gujarat hospital, sparks fire

An incident has come to light where a patient lit a bid in the ICU of a Gujarat hospital and started a fire. 

Patient smokes bidi in Gujarat hospital, sparks fire

A patient's desire to smoke a bidi led to a fire in the intensive care unit of a hopsital in Gujarat's Jamnagar. As per reports, the patient who lit the bidi was on oxygen support and was unaware of the deadly consequences of lighting a flame in the presence of the flammable apparatus that was next to him.

It was further reported that the patient suffered burn injuries after his oxygen mask caught fire.

The hospital staff took immediate action to stop the spread of the fire and extinguished it in time.

The patient was diagnosed and treated for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease (COPD) and was allegedly addicted to smoking.

Also watch: On cam: Indore doctor slaps HIV patient at hospital, suspended


Up Next

Patient smokes bidi in Gujarat hospital, sparks fire

Patient smokes bidi in Gujarat hospital, sparks fire

AIADMK releases AI-generated voice of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa ahead of LS polls

AIADMK releases AI-generated voice of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa ahead of LS polls

Haldwani violence 'mastermind' arrested from Delhi

Haldwani violence 'mastermind' arrested from Delhi

Jaahnavi Kandula case: India seeks review after charges against cop dropped

Jaahnavi Kandula case: India seeks review after charges against cop dropped

Mother elephant 'thanks' Tamil Nadu officials for rescuing calf, video goes viral

Mother elephant 'thanks' Tamil Nadu officials for rescuing calf, video goes viral

'Deeply apologise to cadre': Ahmed Patel's daughter after AAP gets Bharuch in Lok Sabha seat deal

'Deeply apologise to cadre': Ahmed Patel's daughter after AAP gets Bharuch in Lok Sabha seat deal

More videos

New criminal laws, replacing British-era legislations, to come into force on July 1

New criminal laws, replacing British-era legislations, to come into force on July 1

Hyderabad woman used Apple AirTag to stalk TV anchor, here's how she kidnapped the man

Hyderabad woman used Apple AirTag to stalk TV anchor, here's how she kidnapped the man

Hyderabad woman arrested for 'kidnapping' TV anchor after she was duped of ₹40 lakh: report

Hyderabad woman arrested for 'kidnapping' TV anchor after she was duped of ₹40 lakh: report

22 dead as tractor-trolley overturns, falls into pond in UP's Kasganj

22 dead as tractor-trolley overturns, falls into pond in UP's Kasganj

UP govt cancels police constable recruitment exam

UP govt cancels police constable recruitment exam

IndiGo passenger finds cockroaches in pantry area, airline reacts

IndiGo passenger finds cockroaches in pantry area, airline reacts

Muslims will follow Shariat, Quran: SP MP on Assam's move on marriage law

Muslims will follow Shariat, Quran: SP MP on Assam's move on marriage law

Priyanka Gandhi joins Rahul in Bharat Jodo Nyay Yatra in UP

Priyanka Gandhi joins Rahul in Bharat Jodo Nyay Yatra in UP

Editorji Technologies Pvt. Ltd. © 2022 All Rights Reserved.