The Tamil Nadu government has announced fresh restrictions in the wake of a surge in the Covid-19 cases in the state. The southern state has recorded nearly 4,000 fresh Covid-19 cases in a day, crossing over 9 lakh total active cases in the state. The most number of cases have been reported from Chennai.
The fresh Covid-19 restrictions issued in Tamil Nadu include:
1. Ban on religious gatherings and festivals from April 10
2. Passengers will not be allowed to stand and travel in government and private buses, even those going to Puducherry, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka
3. Only 50% customers allowed in vegetable and grocery shops, tea shops, restaurants, big showrooms, malls, etc.
4. Shops in the state allowed to function only till 11 pm
5. Only 50% occupancy allowed in recreational clubs, entertainment parks, etc.
6. Multiplexes, theatres can allow only 50% occupancy
7. Only 200 people allowed for educational, political, social, cultural, sports, indoor meetings and events
8. Cap of 100 people allowed for weddings and 50 for funerals
9. No audience allowed for sports events at stadiums
10. Only 3 people allowed to travel in cabs and 2 in autos
11. E-passes will be needed for inter-state and international passengers