A massive fire broke out in Rajabala market in West Garo Hills of Meghalaya. Three shops have been gutted in the fire. Property worth over Rs 50 lakh have been destroyed in the fire. The fire is said to have happened due to an elctrical short circuit.
Fire tenders rushed to the spot to douse the fire. But by the time the fire was brought under control, the articles inside the three shops was compeltely detoryed, many things were reduced to ashes.
The fire that destroyed the shops included a medical shop, a grocery shop and a textiles and apparel shop.