Mumbai Mayor's jibe at Kumbh: 'returnees will distribute virus as prasad' | Editorji
  1. home
  2. > national
  3. > Mumbai Mayor's jibe at Kumbh: 'returnees will distribute coronavirus as prasad'
prev iconnext button of playermute button of playermaximize icon
mute icontap to unmute
video play icon
00:00/00:00
prev iconplay paus iconnext iconmute iconmaximize icon
close_white icon

Mumbai Mayor's jibe at Kumbh: 'returnees will distribute coronavirus as prasad'

Apr 17, 2021 14:18 IST | By Editorji News Desk

Mumbai Mayor Kishori Pednekar on Saturday suggested a complete lockdown should be imposed in Mumbai amid a worrying spike in Covid cases. Pednekar said that 95 per cent of Mumbaikars are adhering to COVID-19 restrictions but the remaining 5 per cent are a big worry as they are causing problems to others with their behaviour.  

Talking about the Kumbh Mela that risks turning into a super spreader, Pednekar sarcastically said the returnees from the event will distribute virus as Prasad in their respective states. She suggested all the Kumbh Mela returnees should be quarantined in their respective states at their own cost. She added in Mumbai too they are considering putting the returnees under quarantine.

National