Who doesn't want a good hair day? But often the kind of tresses we have depend on a number of factors like genes, hormones, age and climate of the area you live in, which you can't control. But one thing you can control is your diet, which also has a massive impact on the texture of your hair.
We take you through a host of foods that you must avoid if you suffer from hair damage and excessive hair fall.
1. Alcohol impacts the nutritional balance of the hair and leads to dead hair follicles.Too much alcohol destroys synthesis of keratin, the protein found in our hair.
2. Refined grains and starchy foods like white bread, pasta, croissants, cakes break down into sugar in the body, which in turn causes hair thinning and ultimately hair fall.
3. Fish is loaded with mercury, which could lead to sudden hair loss. Climate change over the past few years has lead to an increase in the content of methyl-mercury in fish, which could cause hair damage.
4. Full of artificial sweeteners, diet sodas are a strict no if you're looking to get healthy, lustrous hair without any hair fall.
5. Junk food hampers hair growth as well and could weaken hair follicles, leading to excessive hair fall.
Experts however don't recommend completely stopping the consumption of these foods and beverages but limiting their intake could help maintain the quality of your hair in the long run.