Covid-19: Officials say no plans to cut short Kumbh Mela | Editorji
  1. home
  2. > national
  3. > Covid-19: Officials say no plans to cut short Kumbh Mela
replay trump newslist
up NEXT IN 5 SECONDS sports newslist
tap to unmute
00:00/00:00
NaN/0

Covid-19: Officials say no plans to cut short Kumbh Mela

Apr 15, 2021 06:57 IST | By Editorji News Desk

Amid growing concerns over Kumbh Mela in Haridwar may turn in to a Covid super spreader even as country battles a surge in infections, officials have said that there is no plan to cut short the Kumbh.

NDTV reported that Haridwar DM said that tne Kumbh will continue till April 30 and there has been no discussion to close it early on account of surging Covid infections.

More than a 1,000 pilgrims have already tested positive at the mela so far.

Hundreds of thousands of devotees have been gathering for the annual event on the banks of the river Ganga for a holy dip, escalating concerns about an exponential rise in Covid cases.

Over 10 lakh devotees took a dip in the Ganga on Wednesday. 

National